Dailydave mailing list archives

INFILTRATE is almost upon us!

From: Dave Aitel <dave.aitel () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 07:28:41 -0400

...although based on all the hacking incidents lately, you might say
it's been upon us for quite some time now.

In any case, for those of you coming to INFILTRATE 2011 (or simply
coming to Miami Beach) we have made a map for your viewing pleasure.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=217537443408257877446.0004378a7ac27a21f6af9&t=h&z=15

For those of you who can't for some reason make it, I will say there
is a LOT of Charlie Miller in the presentations. There's also plenty
of zombies, Japanese characters, and funny cats. And, of course, lots
of block diagrams (which are like hacker porn)[1].

One thing we're doing is a WebEx peer review of every talk (and many
of the talks, more than once). Peer review is awesome. Maybe it will
filter down to academia and we won't get things like the ROP paper or
that AEG paper. :> But in the meantime, I think our rather thorough
peer review process will at least help the conference be better. Look
for this as a prerequisite for all future security conferences. (Jeff
Moss is nothing if not continually improving!)

Even for presenters who can't make it to the actual conference, we do
peer reviews. For example:
http://www.abysssec.com/blog/2011/03/hacking-exploiting-cheating-in-online-games/
. Maybe if we can figure out the technology, we'll have him do a WebEx
for everyone.  (Technology is hard).

-dave

[1] There's always a smart-aleck who says "Actually PORN is hacker
porn". But whatever. Blocks. If you want porn there's always
helixserver remotes laying around like half-eaten apples.