Dailydave mailing list archives

[Fwd: Fwd: Breaking the links: Exploiting the linker]

From: dave <dave () immunityinc com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:24:14 -0500

Forwarded. Sheesh.
- -dave

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: Breaking the links: Exploiting the linker
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:48:52 +0000
From: Tim Brown <timb () nth-dimension org uk>
To: dave <dave () immunityinc com>

Dave,

I appreciated and agreed with your comments on Threat Post regarding the
linker issue I discussed with them affecting the Linux runtime linker.  I've
since done some more work looking at FreeBSD, Debian and Solaris and produced
a paper that discusses the original issue I blogged about and a number of
other issues I found and/or documented.

I tried to post the following email regarding the paper to dailydave for
review and feedback but I'm not subscribed from this address and your list
software bounces such mails rather than moderating them.  Would it be
posssible for you to forward this on (see below) as I'd rather not repost the
email from my work address.

Cheers,
Tim