Dailydave mailing list archives

FW: Black Hat Abu Dhabi CFP - November 10 - 11 2010

From: "The Dark Tangent" <dtangent () defcon org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:10:33 -0700

Call for Papers - Black Hat Abu Dhabi 2010

Hey DD readers, I wanted to drop you the heads up.

WHERE and WHEN:
Launched under the Patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al
Nahyan, Black Hat Abu Dhabi will take place on 8th to 11th November 2010 at
Emirates Palace. Black Hat has partnered with the UAE Telecoms Regulatory
Authority to hold a three track, two day Briefings in Abu Dhabi, the Middle
East's first edition of the Las Vegas-based security summit.

WHAT:
The Call for Papers is now open at:
https://cfp.blackhat.com/

Current number of speaking slots and the topics for them are:

2 talks on Physical Security
3 talks on Forensics
5 talks on Infrastructure
5 talks on Web Application Security
2 talks on Root Kits
3 talks on Hardware Hacking
2 talks on Cyber War and Legal Issues
3 talks on Cloud Security
2 talks on Attack Techniques
3 talks on Reverse Engineering

It should be a great time, we are trying to work out some cool things for
the speakers to do. We have a lot of interest, from the top on down as you
can see by the organizations supporting our first conference in the GCC
countries. We will go in with a full Black Hat experience, with all the tech
and none of the vendor fluff. Let's see if the UAE market can handle it!
Black Hat Abu Dhabi will offer a full range of sessions, including ten
training classes running on 8th and 9th November, followed by three briefing
tracks running simultaneously on 10th and 11th alongside the exhibition.

We are going to make early selections of about a third is the session in the
next couple weeks so we have something to market with. Interested? Submit!

Jeff Moss