Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Commission on Cybersecurity for the 44th Presidency and your right to cyber (security)

From: dan () geer org
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 21:39:44 -0400

<disclaimer>I serve on that CSIS Commission</disclaimer>

Certification is coming, like it or not.  I do not like it,
but it is coming.  The driver is a direct consequence of,
and a direct confirmation that, the demand for security
expertise exceeds the supply which makes the charlatan
fraction rise especially as legal liability looks ever
more likely to be serious.  Before we have a long-winded
argument, take a look at

www.nbise.org

CEO is Mike Assante, previously CSO for the National Electric
Reliability Corp and, before that, Idaho National Labs.

--dan