Dailydave mailing list archives

Pen Testers/Network Assessors Wanted

From: Nick Selby <nick.selby () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 07:54:55 -0400

Hi all.
I met with someone yesterday from, shall we say, a large international
organization that seeks to help countries work out their problems and
sometimes wears blue helmets when they run peacekeeping missions.

They're in need of competent pen-testers and network assessment people to
fill short-term contracts in countries. It's basically a week of prep work
at your home, a week in-country, and a week to prepare your report. The job
is assessment of current network/application setup, practices,
recommendations for repairs, new technologies, best practices and other
basic, "get this thing into shape" information.

The pay is OK - not fabulous but not nothing either - and it's a nifty CV
item. They pay all hotel, transport, transfer and per diem charges in
addition to the pay. If you've considered some kind of public service and
like the idea of putting your skills to work for a larger cause (assuming
you're not against its cause - I am not endorsing anything or anyone here,
just passing on the message) then please contact me off-list (
nick.selby () gmail com) and I'll get your information to the right people. If
you're not interested, sorry to have wasted your time with this message.

They need a CV and information about why/how you're competent. No specific
degree/letters-after-your-name are required, but you must know how to get
your network luggage off the carousel, so to speak.

Nick