Dailydave mailing list archives

numerous projects you might be interested in

From: travis+ml-dailydave () subspacefield org
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 09:59:01 -0700

Hey all,

I just wanted to let you know about a couple of projects that may interest
you and are in need of an audience.

First, the Dynamic Firewall Daemon is here:
http://www.subspacefield.org/security/dfd/

I would very much like feedback on this project, and am looking for
someone to take over dfd_tbk (the Linux/iptables/python
implementation).  The other, the OpenBSD/pf/pthon implementation, is
under somewhat active development, and now that I have some free time
on my hands, you can expect to see some active development going on.

Second, for those interested in the development of secure blog software:
http://secblog.bitrot.info/

Third, I maintain some custom OpenBSD ports:
http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/OpenBSD/
They haven't been updated in a while and may be relocated soon, so if this
link doesn't work, look around my homepage or email me if you can't
find it.

I think there's a lot of python programmers on this list and so you'll
be interested to note that many of these projects have a strong pythonic
basis.

Finally, if you happen to live in the Bay Area, I've created a Bay Area
Hacker's Anonymous (BAHA):
http://baha.bitrot.info/
However, we may merge with DC650 unless/until there's sufficient call
to have another meeting in the area.

If you find any of these projects interesting, please join in or let
me know.  Also, if you know of a way to reach an interested audience,
please tell them yourself, or let me know - some of these projects
have languished in obscurity and I'm not quite sure how to reach the
right audiences.  Thank you for letting me do this small amount of
promotion here.
--
A Weapon of Mass Construction
If you are a spammer, please email john () subspacefield org to get blacklisted.