Dailydave mailing list archives

analyzing Android

From: travis+ml-dailydave () subspacefield org
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:45:27 -0800

Been doing some analysis of Android.

The relevant links I've collected are here:

http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/android.html

Should be enough for interested parties to get started.

Note that you don't need a physical device; the emulator is
high-fidelity, based on QEMU, and runs the same ARM binaries as the
phone.  But you get root by default when shelling in.  I'm impressed.

Included are links to native dropbear SSHd, and rsync, so you can
access the phone easily.  Native compilation is easy, you cross-compile
with GCC for ARM and statically link against a normal libc.
--
In God We Trust; From Everyone Else, We Need Source Code.
If you are a spammer, please email john () subspacefield org to get blacklisted.