Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Security people are leaches. [sic]

From: yersinia <yersinia.spiros () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:44:38 +0200

FWIW, also "insane"

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2007/10/1/326479/thread#mid-326479

BTW, personally i agreed on the motivations exposed from Linus in the two
thread. But is necessary to look in depth on the discussion.

Regards

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:09 AM, <pageexec () freemail hu> wrote:
really. or at least according to one Linus Torvalds, who also happens to
be the
primary reason for not one, but two! of this year's pwnie nominations for
lamest
vendor response and most epic FAIL. apparently the fundamental issue he
cannot
understand is that if they don't know what bugs are security issues, maybe
they
should find people who do. or maybe bother reading those static checker
reports
that point them out. just a thought.

also one cannot help but smile at the irony of divineint (put in charge of
security
at RH, no less ;) asking for more proper disclosure. how times change ;).

also i guess exploit writers would heartily disagree with the notion that
there's
no difference between bugs and security bugs :P. anyway, without further
ado, here's
the latest masterpiece: