Dailydave mailing list archives

Sunday sunday sunday!

From: Dave Aitel <dave.aitel () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:17:01 -0500

If we were in Unethical Hacking class today I'd be pointing out that
tomorrow night is a good time to hack, because no "American" would be
hacking during the super bowl, surely!

When you hack, it's always the same way on your end. You've got three
major windows. The top left is your plan of action (aka, a script).
The top right is output. The top middle is input (Get two screens!).
The bottom is network dump (ideally colorized but tcpdump -n will do
in a pinch, no?). But you never hack on a schedule. In this regards a
simple pair of dice can be your most powerful weapon against both
automated and manual correlation and analysis. Going active? Let the
dice pick when, and from which IP's you're attacking from.

Of course, if it happens to be during the Super Bowl, so much the
better. It's called a Discipline for a reason. :>

-dave