Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Faster, smashter. (fwd)

From: Charles Miller <cmiller () securityevaluators com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:28:34 -0600

I wrote some about this too:

http://weis2007.econinfosec.org/papers/29.pdf

I like the idea of a derivative market.  Its the only way I've heard
where you can make money by dropping 0-days on full disclosure, for
example.  The drawback is that I know I can make 100k for my IE
exploit, but I don't know how much I can make by buying the "IE sucks"
derivative.  There will only be so many people willing to buy the "IE
is rock solid" one and once I start buying up the "IE sucks" one, it
will be even harder to make a big score.

Charlie