Dailydave mailing list archives

Collisions

From: "Dave Aitel" <dave.aitel2 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 19:38:18 -0400

Kostya and I flew into Hong Kong last night for SyScan 08 HK. For some
people Asia is an addition - for me I admit it's at least a mild intoxicant.
I never really got into Europe traveling. Maybe Europe is like a fine wine
with subtle flavors that takes experience and skill to appreciate, but it
always feels too familiar to me. Last night Kostya and I had goose webs and
snow fungus for dinner - not our standard fare. On the way to the hotel here
our cab driver hit an old woman crossing the street. She ragdolled against
the car, bounced off onto the street, and then got up and walked away
looking more sad than angry.

In any case, hope to see you here!

-dave