Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: German/Afghanistan Trojan Horse Affair

From: Sebastian Krahmer <krahmer () suse de>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:26:55 +0200

The most funny thing is that the afghan gov is apparently
using yahoo(!) for internal(!) mails*. Nuts! If this is really the case,
its also likely that terrorists read their mails.

Afghan gov should get some assistance in building a secure
and strong communication infrastructure which should be a task
for ISAF. (Might be they did and also installed additional
"important NATO extensions". Version 2.0 of course.)

But as always, the truth is probably completely different. :)

l8er,
S.

* I wonder whether yahoo permits to read mail w/o setting some flag
of the message to "already-read". Otherwise one will notice
surveillance. I am not familar with their mail-setup and whether
they maybe allow pop3 w/o deleting the messages which would
cross around the problem of flagging mails by reading them
in the web GUI.