Dailydave mailing list archives

Trendmicro et.al.

From: "Isaac Dawson" <isaac.dawson () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:28:28 +0900

Not sure if it has made the news over in the states/rest of the world but
here in Japan its quite huge. Apparently on 3/12 trendmicro's site got hit
by some sort of SQL injection scanner/tool that then injects some script URL
to own the visitors. Seeing as how this was on their virus definition
section I found it a rather interesting attack ;>.
(Just found out that the register appears to have reported on it, take a
look:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20161397-Trend-Micro-Hacked-Serving-Malicious-Iframes
).

I find the selection of the javascript's name rather interesting as well.
Makes me wonder if they're against the whaling that's going on here...

-isaac