Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: CISA

From: R D Smith <RICKY.D.SMITH () saic com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:53:08 -0500

When I questioned him he said thats what CISA uses. I
find this a little odd because, if my reading of the dictionary is correct,
segregation has to do with dividing people based on race and ethnicity.
-isaac

Yes, that is the generally accepted definition of the word segregation.
However, ISACA's usage is consistent with the second part of the second
definition of segregation in Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary
<http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/segregation>, ³the separation for special
treatment or observation of individuals or items from a larger group.²  This
is a more general definition of the word without the negative connotations.

--
Rick Smith
GIAC GSE, CISSP-ISSEP, CISA