Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: An os x worm, oh noes!

From: Bee Binger <bbinger123 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:22:01 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting on the assembler writing.  I was curious on a few points about it

Which syntax is it going to support?
Is it going to have many high level helpers like masm or be more bare bones?
Probably most important ... which types of object files will it be able to produce? Is it going to be a quick learning
experince or is it being designed more modular so other people can extend it?

My only suggestion would to be keep it nasm style and make the coder specify sizes on compares, moves, "lea"s and other
operations where the size of the operation can be ambigious. It makes the coder have to cocentrate more.