Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Information security certifications diversity andgetting lost

From: "matthew wollenweber" <mwollenweber () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:07:28 -0400

This is the type of certification that I like to see. A couple other places
have similar certs or at least philosophies. Jack Koziol and HBGary's
classes come to mind.

I think the exams are fun and generally worth it. But I'm still not sure of
the "cert" part. Essentially the cert boils down to writing an exploit.
Couldn't you just say that and/or point to existing work? I think the fact
that the cert would say Immunity and/or Dave Aitel would go along way in the
right crowds -- though those crowds are typically small enough that if
you're serious about the job people at least already know your name.
 regarding disclosure, but I find the difficulties tremendous. Who owns the
exploit my c