Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Wrox: Professional Rootkits

From: "Matt Conover" <mconover () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 22:39:39 -0700

This should be downloadable, but perhaps not printed out line
for line. If you really want a disassembler, you'll also probably want
an analyzer,

How about this one?
http://www.cybertech.net/~sh0ksh0k/projects_small/tDisasm.zip

The instruction analysis and code tracing is pretty extensive (especially in
this newer version) as demonstrated by (and the hooking code below):
http://www.cybertech.net/~sh0ksh0k/projects_small/tCodeTrace.zip

and you'll want do to something cool with your analyzer
in order to make your hooks "future-proof".

How about this one?
http://www.cybertech.net/~sh0ksh0k/projects_small/Hooking.zip

Give 'em a try.. these days I haven't had much time to extensively regress
test, so treat these as "snapshots"... but I believe these versions to be
pretty stable. Sending me an email is always the quickest way to get an
updated/stable version. Reporting any bugs is always appreciated