Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: This ain't a scene, it's a gd arms race.

From: "Dave Aitel" <dave.aitel () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:41:52 -0400

The base page for Beagle ++ is: http://beagle.kbs.uni-hannover.de/ . They
claim you need the Xvid codec to view the video properly. It was a bit iffy
in on my OS X box until I refreshed it and mussed with it a bit. But it
played fine after a few knocks. Essentually the idea is that I download a
lot of mailspools, and I want to search them in a "*semantic*" way
("weather" should return emails on "Snow" and "Cold"). Likewise I want the
tool to automatically determine the references between people. All the
people looking up yellowcake recipies and centrifuges should belong to a
group, for example, that gets returned when I search on "Nukes".

Nobody's even released a tool that allows you to report on all the normal
things you do during a pen test, so I doubt anyone is going to release a
specialized data mining tool for hackers anytime soon. But maybe API's like
Beagle++ make the development of a special purpose tool unnecessary.

-dave