Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The Anti-Virus/IDS fantasy world

From: "Nathan Landon" <nathan.landon () digitaloperatives com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:03:21 -0400

Antivirus is so 1999!  I'd be incredibly surprised to see if half of the
people on this list actually pay for Antivirus for their client machines and
believe that it somehow protects them from being infected at a cost benefit
to the resource utilization of modern antivirus software.  If somebody tells
me that they are having issues with their system being too slow,  9 times
out of 10 it is because the AV software is abusing it's right to be on the
system.

Antivirus is like home owners insurance,  it makes you feel better about the
"what ifs," but doesn't protect you from the Hurricane Katrina's.