Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: On exploiting null ptr derefs, disabling SELinux, and silently fixed Linux vulns

From: "Rodrigo Rubira Branco (BSDaemon)" <rodrigo () kernelhacking com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 12:04:00 -0000

With auto-learning system this behavior will be learned, but you can edit
the generated rules and write what do you want to write.

Also, you have the 'rules pattern' as you have in selinux.  Auto-learning
just turn possible to everyone protect systems.  You are not thinking about
big companies, with big old-systems, with old-administrators, trying to
setup a 'secure' environment...

I really think is better permit sshd to write to /etc/shadow than permit
everything.

The question here is you (and others who don´t like auto-learning systems)
is trying to convince yourself (and others) the administrator must be
skilled, or can´t be an administrator.  Are you pretty sure this is true in
most of situations?

Cya,

Rodrigo (BSDaemon).

--
http://www.kernelhacking.com/rodrigo

Kernel Hacking: If i really know, i can hack

GPG KeyID: 5E90CA19