Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Any news about old NISCC Vulnerability Advisory IPSEC - 004033 ?

From: pagvac <unknown.pentester () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:58:35 +0000

I believe this vulnerability was found by the security research group
of Royal Holloway university and the following is - I believe - the
paper detailing the findings:

http://eprint.iacr.org/2005/416.pdf

On 1/20/07, Hamid . K <elite_netbios () yahoo com> wrote:
Hi ,

While reviewing old titles and advisories related to IPSec protocol ,
my old notes about "NISCC Vulnerability Advisory IPSEC - 004033" cached my eyes again.
The time I documented that for my own personal references , there was no technical details
available about the topic , and after a while I completely forgot the case .

After that advisory , is there anything (codes,technical documents,more-in-depth advisory) published
by NISCC or other vendors ? focusing on Microsoft and Cisco I don`t remember any patch/hotfix released
covering this issue ( or I was blind ? )

I guess I`ll try to implement mentioned attack vectors soon , so if anybody in list have already tried it
I would be thankful reading him/her here :>

regards
Hamid.K

--
pagvac