Dailydave mailing list archives

[Argeniss] Practical 10 minutes security audit: Oracle Case (Paper)

From: Cesar <sqlsec () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:09:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi.
Abstract:
This paper will show a extremely simple technique to quickly audit a software product in order
to infer how trustable and secure it is. I will show you step by step how to identify half dozen
of local 0day vulnerabilities in few minutes just making a couple of clicks on very easy to use
free tools, then for the technical guys enjoyment the vulnerabilities will be easily pointed out
on disassembled code and detailed, finally a 0day exploit for one of the vulnerabilities will be
demonstrated.
While this technique can be applied to any software in this case I will take a look at the latest
version of Oracle Database Server: 10gR2 for Windows, which is a extremely secure product
so it will be a very difficult challenge to find vulnerabilities since Oracle is using advanced next
generation tools to identify and fix vulnerabilities
http://www.argeniss.com/research/10MinSecAudit.zip
(PoC exploit included)

Thanks.
Cesar.