Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The sky's downward trajectory

From: <ol () uncon org>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 13:05:29 -0000

Thanks for pimpage, the final figures are:

Stack - 14 bits
Heap - 5+ bits
Image (code) - 8 bits
PEB - 4 bits

Yes image randomization out of the box only occurs upon a reboot. However
their is a dirty method I came up with to force a reseed for binaries, but
this massivley skews the results. All is contained in the paper which we
will be releasing next week and presenting at Blackhat DC (Thursday) and
EuSecWest (Friday).

Cheers

Ollie