Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: IPv6, CANVAS, The Love.

From: Ari Takanen <ari.takanen () codenomicon com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:53:49 +0200

Hello all,

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 07:44:33AM -0500, dailydave-request () lists immunitysec com wrote:
As of today, Immunity CANVAS is now the only penetration testing
platform that can handle IPv6. You know you're excited! What about all
those IPv6 DoD networks you can test now?

I do not usually want to promote our tools (too much) but wanted to
respond to the advertisement by Immunity.

Codenomicon has probably been the first to cover every single protocol
(100+ interfaces supported), and IPv6 is not an exception (well PROTOS
did some of the protocols before us, but that does not count because
we kind of are the same thing as the PROTOS Classic test suites
[1]). Codenomicon has done security testing of IPv6 for a long time
already. Also most if not all Codenomicon tools are IPv6
capable. Infact we (or our customers to be more exact) can find
zero-day flaws from almost any IPv6 device.

[1] http://www.codenomicon.com/media/press-releases/2007-01-09.shtml

/Ari

--
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
Ari Takanen                       Codenomicon Ltd.