Dailydave mailing list archives

Following the specification, too strictly?

From: LMH <lmh () info-pull com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 05:44:47 +0100

Hi,

After working around the PDF format specification for some time,
finding some interesting stuff around the way it declares objects and
handles embedded binary streams, this issue came up quickly:

http://projects.info-pull.com/moab/MOAB-06-01-2007.html

I'm curious regarding previous research around PDF and PostScript (if
possible, not involving Javascript :o) ). The nice fellows of the
Information Assurance group at NSA in charge of SELinux development,
and Red Hat, seemed to have interest on printing labeling, etc.

PS/PDF turn out to be really complex and error-prone... I wouldn't be
surprised if someone can dig up a decent amount of issues in parsers
and related applications.

I've been poking around some tools for the framework I was working on
(thankfully using Metasploit's Rex library, although the module
module inheritance/mixins/dependencies stuff). Probably will release
some code after the month ends, hoping someone will do something else
far more useful with it than breaking OS X :>

Cheers.