Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The Week of Oracle Database Bugs

From: ¯`·._The Sun_.·´¯ <sun () vakharia info>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:14:41 +0530

I hear often that most of the US govt. data resides in/on Oracle databases. Depending on how much information Argeniss
reveals, couldn't this turn into a significant threat to US National Security? S> Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:19:20
-0800> From: sqlsec () yahoo com> To: dailydave () lists immunitysec com> Subject: [Dailydave] The Week of Oracle
Database Bugs> > The Week of Oracle Database Bugs > Based on the great idea of H D Moore "Month of Browser Bugs" and
LMH "Month of Kernel Bugs", we are proud to announce that we are starting on December the "Week of Oracle Database
Bugs" (WoODB). > What is the WoODB about? > An Oracle Database 0day will be released every day for a week on December.
Why are you doing this? > We want to show the current state of Oracle software ("in")security also we want to
demostrate Oracle isn't getting any better at securing its products (you already know the history: two years or more to
fix a bug, not fixing bugs, failing to fix bugs, lying about security efforts, etc, etc, etc.). > Why are you targeting
only Oracle? > We have 0days for all Database software vendors but Oracle is "The #1 Star" when talking about lots of
unpatched vulnerabilities and not caring about security. > Why not the Month of Oracle Database Bugs?> We could do the
Year of Oracle Database Bugs but we think a week is enough to show how flawed Oracle software is, also we don't want to
give away all our 0days:), anyways if you want to contribute send your Oracle 0days so this can be extended for another
week or more.> > > See:> http://www.argeniss.com/woodb.html> > > Cesar.> > >  >