Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Whitepaper: Implementing and Detecting a PCI Rootkit

From: sinan.eren () immunitysec com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 22:22:53 -0500 (EST)

let me rephrase what i meant; there will be no ROM that the runtime OS can
interface with.
sure, if you interface directly to the board or the non-volatile
memory component thats another story. Our goal is not to hide
from the investigator (a.k.a the human) but to hide from the agent
(a.k.a the software: AV, rootkit detectors etc).

so regarding Dan Moniz's suggestions, brilliant stuff! but nothing that we
will invest (or even effort).