Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Like a flower ready to bloom...

From: "Jason Syversen" <jason.syversen () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:36:32 -0400

Thanks for the post, that explains the other day...

(My wife went to a cake decorating page using IE on Win2k (she hasn't
switched to Firefox yet!) and Mcafee started barfing on a trojan and 2
exploits that were 8-18 months old. I did a l lookup and the site was hosted
by Hostgator. I wasn't too worried, since it's a fully patched system with
AV & Zonealarm (not unbreakable, but should stop the automated stuff) and I
figured they were just using older stuff.

Just got your email, which probably means that those two exploits weren't
the only ones they were using and that box is toast. Sweet.

Anyone know how to confirm if that's the case or not?