Dailydave mailing list archives

ZERT

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:47:32 -0400

"""

The group did not coordinate its response with Microsoft and Stewart
stressed that the aim is not to serve as a replacement for the software
vendor. "Our goal is to get Microsoft to realize that there is a demand
out there for an emergency patch. We're not looking for [Windows] users
to prefer us over Microsoft. We're simply offering an alternative in a
crisis," Stewart added.

"Microsoft needs to start paying attention and recognize that there's a
need for an out-of-band patch. It's somewhat irresponsible to tell
customers to wait two weeks for Patch Tuesday while computers are being
hosed with malware," he declared.
"""