Dailydave mailing list archives

MS05-027 exploits around?

From: "Hackling, Matthew (AU - Melbourne)" <mhackling () deloitte com au>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 22:49:30 +1000

Hello,

We just found that one of our clients in missing the MS05-027 patch on numerous servers due to a oversight in an
automated build procedure.

Does anyone know of a publicly available exploit for this vulnerability?

We've check the latest canvas release, had a good google, went to packetstorm, metasploit, secunia.com, eeye, qualys
(credited with discovery) web sites et al.

If we find a public exploit for this we'll have to press the big red button and set a few pagers ringing, so we're keen
to know if anyone knows if a sploit is available.

Kind Regards,

Matthew Hackling B.Sc. (Security) CISSP
Account Director
Deloitte

This email and any attachments to it are confidential.  You must not use, disclose or act on the email if you are not
the intended recipient.   Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.  Deloitte is
a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (a Swiss Verein).  As a Swiss Verein (association), neither Deloitte Touche
Tohmatsu nor any of its member firms has any liability for each other's acts or omissions.  Each of the member firms is
a separate and independent legal entity operating under the names "Deloitte", "Deloitte & Touche", "Deloitte Touche
Tohmatsu", or other related names.  Services are provided by the member firms or their subsidiaries and affiliates and
not by the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Verein.