Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: bugs are bad.

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:06:44 -0400

On Jul 31, 2006, at 4:17 PM, Dave Aitel wrote:
 I need to
browse them, and then store and manipulate different data in a lot of
different ways. I want to draw a circle around some blocks that
represent queries and say "This is the login sequence - go do this a
thousand times and tell me what the cookies are like, and while you're
at it try every other query in this other group afterwards". Then I
want to draw a circle around the "order a widget" sequence and say
"try this in every possible order after logging in and let me know if
anything weird happens". Essentially I think the whole idea of storing
a site based on it's "pages" is broken. GET /bob.php?method=login is
very different from method=logout. Same "page", different code paths.
But today's scanners can't help me. And I think this is because
they're making tons of money rather than being useful to people who
know what they're doing.

- -dave

Well, there is a small group of us hat aren't making a ton of money and
are trying to work out this issue. It started as trying to automatically build a
default deny configuration generator for mod_security and has grown
a bit beyond that..... Wasn't sure if anyone else was interested...<grin>

Kevin