Dailydave mailing list archives

PaiMei RE Framework

From: Pedram Amini <pedram () redhive com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 02:35:27 -0500

For those of you who may be interested, I recently released a reverse
engineering framework that I've been working on named PaiMei. The goal
of the framework is to reduce the time from "idea" to prototype to a
matter of minutes, instead of days.

PaiMei is written entirely in Python and exposes at the highest level a
debugger (PyDbg, a component I've previously mentioned on this list), a
graph based binary abstraction and a set of utilities for accomplishing
various repetitive tasks. The framework can essentially be thought of as
a reverse engineer's swiss army knife and has already been proven
effective for a wide range of both static and dynamic analysis tasks
such as: fuzzer assistance, code coverage tracking, data flow tracking
and more. You can grab the latest copy from:

     http://www.openrce.org/downloads/details/208/PaiMei

I made the general documentation, API references and a flash demo of the
code coverage tool available on my personal site:

     http://pedram.redhive.com/PaiMei/
     http://pedram.redhive.com/PaiMei/demo.html

The real-time graphing and IDA exporting functionality is not shown off
in the demo, I'll add it as soon as I get better at making these silly
demos.

A couple of really brilliant individuals have already taken strong
interest in PaiMei and I hope to others get inspired to contribute as
well. Please feel free to contact me directly on my pedram [dot] amini
[at] gmail account (pedram@redhive is purely a spam trap).

-pedram