Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: USB Drives that think they're CDROMs

From: Nick DeBaggis <ndebaggis () verizon net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:54:48 -0400

Dave Korn wrote:

  Good stuff!  I've been wanting to get my hands on one of these for a while.

  BTW if setting up a webserver seems too much like hard work, it should be
trivial to hexedit the URL in the binary into a file:// form that should just
transparently work.  It's in Unicode at around 0x4a34a0.  You'll also see a
couple of other URLs there as well as the one you mentioned...

http://u3.sandisk.com/download/apps/lpinstaller/isofiles/cruzer-autorun.iso
http://u3.sandisk.com/download/apps/lpinstaller/isofiles/sandisk-lp.iso
http://u3.sandisk.com/download/apps/lpinstaller/isofiles/sandisk-lp-no-autorun
.iso

    cheers,
      DaveK

Or... just go ahead and setup the webserver, change internal DNS and you
have a nice way to do enterprise-wide deployment of your own custom code
on those who dare to update while on your network.

Nick