Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: New Snort Bypass - Patch - Bypass of Patch

From: Sigint Consulting <info () sigint-consulting com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:50:18 -0700

Apache 2 ignores any combination of the following bytes before the URI:
0x09 0x0b 0x0c 0x0d 0x20 (man isspace)

If you specify 0x0a before the URI, it causes Apache to truncate the
request, so in most cases this results in the index.html page being
returned. Try your 0x0a example again with a non-index.html URI and it
will still serve up the main page.

HD,

You are correct, the request using \x0a is truncated and index.html is
returned, my apologies. However the \x0d character is still accepted
and the proper page is returned. I cannot confirm on anything except
apache 1.3.34 at the moment.

$ perl -e 'print "GET \x0d/html/1.html HTTP/1.0\n\r\n"'|nc 192.168.1.3
80
HTTP/1.1 200 OK