Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: ID, Apples

From: Joel Eriksson <je () bitnux com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:11:02 +0200

Hah, my buddy Karl Janmar beat you both. As far as I know he found
the first publicly disclosed remote & WIRELESS ring 0-flaw. ;)
(In the BSD 802.11 protocol stack)

http://www.signedness.org/advisories/sps-0x1.txt

Our current exploit for it embeds the contents of an arbitrary file,
like /etc/wpa.conf for instance, in a probereq packet. At the
moment the exploit is target-based though, since Karl hasn't
bothered to use the resolve-syms-via-the-dynsym-section payload
I hacked up yet. ;)

Ring 0-bugs are always a lot of fun, keep up the good work. :)

Best Regards,
   Joel Eriksson