Dailydave mailing list archives

Security Warrior, read poorly

From: wesleymcgrew () gmail com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:28:45 -0500

So occasionally I like to put on a "hacker" podcast in the morning to
have some noise going while I catch up on email and such.  I don't
usually expect much other than a few laughs and cringes.  This morning,
I chose T.W.A.T. Radio, an unfortunately named daily show by a variety
of hosts, since the topic was "Reverse Engineering".

http://twatech.org/  (Episode 112, since their permalinks are broken)

A few minutes into it, I realize it's starting to sound familiar.  A few
minutes later, I've got it.  I pull down my copy of Security Warrior,
and start reading along as this guy, Kn1ghtl0rd, reads Chapter 1...

...word for word...

...in probably the most awkward and mechanical way possible.  I'm not
sure he has any idea what he's reading.

Funny stuff.

At the end, once he's done ripping off the references, for completion
"There's a book I actually started my research with, Security Warrior by
O'Reilly.  This is actually the base of the next two shows I'll be
doing."

Next shows? "Windows Reverse Engineering" and "Windows CE Reverse
Engineering"

lol.

Wesley