Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: L0phtcrack gets canned...

From: Peter Wood <peterw () firstbase co uk>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 14:06:11 +0000

And who needs LC5 when we have Cain & Abel, Ophcrack, lmcrack, SAMinside and the beautifully named PWSEX ;-) from Elcomsoft!

Pete
(PW)

At 08:42 08/03/2006 -0500, you wrote:
http://www.securitydump.com/content160.html

Sometimes it's hard to sell interesting software from a big company. Symantec has been touting its new database scanner for a while...but the database scanner market is pretty full already, so I dunno. One market that is getting better is the commercial fuzzer market. One of the great things about selling a fuzzer is that people will still find value in bugs that you've found with the very fuzzer you sold them! Doing the analysis, even aided by good tools, is still not cheap.

-dave

Visit us on stand 242 at Infosecurity Europe, Olympia: 25th - 27th April 2006.
Click http://www.infosec.co.uk/firstbase to reserve your ticket now!
Peter Wood FBCS CITP MIEEE MIMIS CISSP
Chief of Operations
First Base Technologies