Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: What is the state of vulnerability research?

From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley () mitre org>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 01:58:53 -0500 (EST)

Jericho said many things I might normally respond to, including this:

It lead me to realize that very broad [questions] like this may lead
to more free style responses, where more specific questions may paint
someone into a corner wether they realize it or not.

That was the reasoning behind the general questions, and also why I'm
not actively participating in the discussion of the answers.  No doubt
this will make for a scientifically invalid survey, but then again the
fact that so few people have ventured to provide answers publicly or
privately is an answer in itself, I suspect.

- Steve