Dailydave mailing list archives

MailSite (WorldMail) fun

From: "Evgeny Legerov" <admin () gleg net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:58:52 +0300

Hi All,

No funny gdb traces this time.

I've sent a trial of ProtoVer LDAP testsuite to Rockliffe couple of weeks ago because their server keep crashing on almost every malformed LDAP packet and I had no time to track and investigate each bug.

I've got a very interesting answer from them today:
"""
We have conducted a detailed review of the codebase and decided to replace it - fixing would be very difficult.
"""

Rockliffe did a great work and this is a very good news for MailSite (WorldMail) users I think ;-)

Rockliffe also informed me that they are going to move to OpenLDAP.

I would suggest to other vendors replace their broken LDAP implementations with OpenLDAP.

Best regards,
Evgeny Legerov
GLEG Ltd
http://www.gleg.net