Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Re: ProtoVer vs Lotus Domino Server 7.0

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:51:39 +0200

Evgeny Legerov wrote:
I think that IBM already did a good work - I just run all ~12000 PROTOS LDAP tests (FYI: ProtoVer LDAP is able to generate ~200000 tests), anyway I found that all PROTOS tests passed (I tested Lotus Domino 7.0 on Linux).

Maybe I was doing something wrong with PROTOS tests so independant testing would help here.

PROTOS is indeed amazing, and the people developing it even more. They are fuzzing crazy! :)
However, as far as I understand it PROTOS is not strictly a fuzzer.

If I got this right, in their development labs the guys do a lot of fuzzing, find viable ways of attacking applications implementing a certain protocol and add it to their PROTOS engine much like anyone would a NESSUS plugin.

So, it is extremely useful, extremely fast, but if I don't get it wrong it is not strictly a fuzzer but rather the front-end to what a good fuzzer already found in other implementations of the same type.

        Gadi.