Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: News, dumbug, prediction rebuttals

From: Jason <security () brvenik com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 09:10:26 -0500

Well, I don't want to get a first message much longer and hope I'll  be
able to join you on this sort of discussions in the future. Just  one
last question:
Besides actual log parsing (sheer amount of devices) and performance,
which do you think are the biggest hurdles for an open source sim to  be
useful to companies / community at large.

The biggest hurdle is support. Support at the software level, device
level, user level, and ultimately forensic level is lacking. Users and
companies want somebody to call and hold accountable or get assistance
from when the network is doing strange things.