Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: MSRPC vulnerability 1 billion and six?

From: H D Moore <hdm-daily-dave () digitaloffense net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:11:42 -0600

This bug is much wider scoped than most people realize, a friend of mine
found it when writing his muddle implementation a few months ago. You can
trigger it about 12 different ways on Win2000 and at least 2 different
ways on XP. The bug itself is pretty silly (oh noes! arbitrary malloc!),
but you can use it to exploit out of memory conditions in other services.

On Windows XP SP2, one of the vectors is a function in the "Server"
service, accessible via the \BROWSER pipe.

-HD