Dailydave mailing list archives

Whales getting hunted is always bad

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:21:01 -0500

As seen on: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4417462.stm
Japan continues to engage in poorly disguised commercial whaling. Greenpeace needs a navy that can go scare them away from the whales, or vice versa. There's no good reason to eat whales in this day and age. I'm not sure what sort of mental disease the Japanese fishery department has that lets them think this is a reasonable action.

I dunno why, but that reminds me of SecurityFriday's little paper on username enumeration.
http://www.securityfriday.com/Topics/winxp2.html

Basically you can connect to the Workstation service via the \\browser and call the EnumUsers. But it only seems to report users that have logged in since the last reboot, which is not quite what I was expecting. :>

bash[somemachine]$ exploits/userenum/userenum.py -t 192.168.2.101
Connection succeeded over SMB to endpoint ncacn_np:192.168.2.101[\browser]