Dailydave mailing list archives

[Fwd: conference]

From: Ken Pfeil <Ken () infosec101 org>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 09:18:50 -0500

FYI,

Last call...

-k

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: conference
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:13:54 -0400
From: Kathleen M. Moriarty <moriarty () ll mit edu>
To: ken () infosec101 org

Hello Ken,

It was nice to meet you at the conference in NYC last week.  When we
spoke, I had mentioned an IETF draft that I am working on as part of an
incident response handling working group (INCH).  Most of the documents
from this working group are about to go into last call, hopefully at the
November meeting.  If you would like to (or know others in the field
that would) review the documents that would be helpful.  Also, if you
know of anyone that may be interested in looking to implement such tools
and could pass along the information, that would be great.

There are a few implementations underway, 1-2 in Japan and some small
ones in the US.  I am not aware of any vendors working on this yet.
However, since the documents are close to done, they may be interested
at this point.

INCH home page:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/inch-charter.html
Most of the documents I am referring to are on the INCH home page, with
the exception of the transport document which should be added to the
working group soon.

Individual draft for transport:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moriarty-rid-soap-00.txt
The -01 document will be posted after the meeting in November since
there is a hold on new updates right now at the IETF.

Any help would be appreciated.  Good luck in your job search!

Thank you,
Kathleen

Kathleen M. Moriarty
MIT Lincoln Laboratory