Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: This just in

From: Rodney Thayer <rodney () canola-jones com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:01:57 -0700

Ever since they were spawned from the loins of RSA's patent portfolio
Verisign has had a "someone died and made us god" business strategy.
So I don't think this sort of attitude is that surprising.

I hope the beer was good enough to merit walking away from a chance
to punch him ;-)

Gadi Evron wrote:
sinan.eren () immunitysec com wrote:

And i hope this event concludes the retarded saga of advisories and tools ...

Like I just wrote somewhere else...

In a recent conference, an high-up Verisign Europe guy told us at a round-table session, word by word: "We are Verisign, we control the Internet".

I wanted to jump over the table and punch him in the face, but for some reason I didn't.

Anyway, he was a very nice guy, so I later told him *exactly* what I thought of his statement.

He said he is simply quoting their CEO. He added that when you come to think about it, it's true. They control .net, .com, see all transactions...

At this stage I nearly kicked him (and I was in a suit), but he was a really nice guy and beer took precedence.

Just thought I'd share.

I am not sure how I feel about all the OLD vs. NEW battle going on regarding 'control" of the Internet, and Verisign making a move on the business idefense was.. erm.. trying to be in, makes me wonder.

    Gadi.