Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: iDEFENSE Labs Releases Multipot

From: Thorsten Holz <thorsten.holz () mmweg rwth-aachen de>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 01:29:52 +0200

Michael Sutton wrote:

Multipot was designed to emulate exploitable services to safely collect
malicious code. Further information is available in the bundled install
file.

nepenthes (http://nepenthes.sf.net) and mwcollect (http://mwcollect.org) do a very similar job. In contrast to multipot, these two tools emulate more services (e.g. nepenthes can also emulate ISS and MSSQL vulnerabilities) and also have the capability to setup a distributed network of malware collectors.

Just as a short side note: Probably next week the mwcollect Alliance (http://www.mwcollect.org/wiki/InfoAlliance) will start, we have finally received the server hardware and are currently in the process of installing everything. If you are interested in joining the Alliance, don't hesitate to contact me.

Just my 0.02 Euro,
  Thorsten