Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Check Point Invented (R)(TM) the great sand-boxing and now protects you against "Day0"!

From: Pete Herzog <lists () isecom org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:09:47 +0200

Gartner rates them highly.  That should tell you everything.

We did a case study for the OSSTMM 3.0 security metrics that involved
measuring the security of 3 of these SSL-VPN appliances.  They delivered
their systems for us to set up according to their specifications and we
were able to review it from both a physical hardware and network POV.
Umm, the specifications and whitepapers didn't match the findings.  Our
findings did not match their findings.  We worked with these companies
for over 3 months allowing them to fix and configure how they suggested,
send technicians, the works, to verify how we could see what they
claimed to be seeing.  In the end, we ended up fixing a lot of their
problems or at least hearing them say that it would be fixed in the next
release for the things they would understand as problems.

My point- how come nobody is suing these people for false advertising?
How come the better business bureau and related aren't all over many of
these vendors?

-pete.