Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Hahahaha

From: Bas Alberts <bas.alberts () immunitysec com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 02:46:35 -0400

Blasted. No members at http://www.schmoo.com/members.html. Foiled
again :(

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 02:23:49AM -0400, Bas Alberts wrote:
Hahahaha...'hacker ninjas known as the schmoo group'.. potkettle
industries :D Schmoo, pot, kettle. Very Alanis. What I find even
more ironic is that this is coming from Brian Caswell @ snort.org.

*remembers a time when you'd prepend your exploits with tcp reass
fun to conveniently drop root on any snort on the net*

Oh how I love moral-outrage inspired endeavours, especially when
organised by prissy whitehats who adhere to encyclopedia definitions
of 'hacking' and 'hackers'.

Ofcourse in light of our own policies, I advise the Schmoo group
people to not kill the CANVAS remote, but instead put it to good
use. Maybe provide it to Immunity under NDA, and we'll put it in
as an exploit. Circle of life and such.

Also, considering the entire MOSDEF protocol is one big remote
I'll flag this issue as 'pending'. For the record: critical
infrastructure, attack paradigm, threat management. Just wanted
to get that out of the way.

- hints for future audits: look at the horrible way we do integer
math in the MOSDEF asm stubs. We're well aware, but considering
it's a 'read code, execute code' protocol... yano? :)

Anyhoo good luck hacking the hackers. Who knows, maybe I'll come
out and play too. http://www.schmoo.com/members.html right? :)

Love,
Bas