Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Detecting Windows language versions

From: Rich Smith <richard.j.smith () hp com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:03:37 +0100

Yeah I've been looking at SMB/NB/RPC responses to see if I can get any
language info from them, haven't found anything useful as yet but will
continue to play :)

Cheers
--Rich--

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 14:20 -0500, H D Moore wrote:
Not the most accurate system in the world, but you can use sid2user to
obtain the administrator account and administrator group name. Map these
to a table of known languages and there shouldn't be too much overlap. It
would be nice to get the actual language ID though, I wonder if that gets
leaked in any SMB responses...

-HD