Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: how to remotely fingerprint 2k3 SP0 vs SP1 ?

From: "Hamid . K" <elite_netbios () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Minds and others ,

thank you all for supporting the topic by great hints.
like the RPC fingerprinting hints which guided me
through mstask.exe UUIS`s to look for ,
is there any alike comment about COM enumeration ? ;p

would be gread if Dave reveal his hints :)

regards

Hamid

--- MindsX <mindsx () gmail com> wrote:

Hi Hamid,

Not sure if this is going to help.... but it may be
quicker than
googling 'enumerate COM' or 'fuzz COM'.... [ bottom
line.. still
haven't had the time to play with it properly so on
this topic "I'm no
expert"]

http://sourceforge.net/projects/axfuzz/

2 programs... enumeration & fuzzing of COM... from
the author...

--CUT--
axenum. (C) Shane Hird 2005

This tool will enumerate every CLSID and attempt to
query it for IObjectSafety.
Each CLSID that is processed it output to stderr.
Objects which suport IObjectSafety or contain the
"safe" keys are
output to stdout.
You can start the enumeration at a given CLSID in
the event that a
given component causes axenum to crash (very
likely).
You can edit the source to get this tool to call
simple method on
every component as it is enumerated to test for
other crashing
behaviour.

axfuzz (C) Shane Hird

Attempts to set and get all properties of a COM
object, and call all methods.
It will simply use 0 values or a large "AAAA.." BSTR
for the values.
You should modify the code to do any other advanced
fuzzing. A
suggestion is to use a valid filename if the type
info indicates a
BSTR with the name "*file*".

--CUT--

<daveless>MindsX</daveless>

On 6/11/05, Isaac Dawson <isaac.dawson () gmail com>